Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 31

I woke up this morning prepared to feel bloated and honestly just "fat."  But after looking in the mirror and throwing on some jeans I realized that although I stuffed my face this weekend it didn't have that much of an impact on my body.  After eating whatever sounded good at the time for the past 5 years expecting to wake up and not feel good about myself is just out of habit.  That really needs to change because the changes I see in my body and how I feel just gives me more motivation! One thing I have been doing since starting this challenge is NOT coming home and immediately putting on extra-large sweats and an oversized t-shirt from high school.  This used to be a horrible habit of mine.  While everyone comes home and changes into comfy clothes, I tended to take it to the extreme.  Part of this was so I could eat anything I wanted and not see or feel it through my clothing.  Not taking time to look in the mirror or examine how my clothes were fitting allowed me to stuff my face with absolutely no consequences.

My attitude about comfy clothing has now completely changed, and definitely for the better.  Although it is still winter here I come home and put on some cute, form-fitting yoga pants or shorts along with a tank top or some sort of fitted shirt.  You might think I am crazy, but seriously, THIS WORKS! I am way less tempted to order a pizza or drive-thru Runza when I can see and feel my body through my clothing.  It is hard to explain, but seeing myself how others will see me on Friday night or Sunday morning really helps me to stay focused and on track.  Getting into fitness clothes also gets me motivated to work out or take a walk around the neighborhood.

No, this isn't me :) But I really like this quote! I would always get so discouraged when starting a new diet or work-out program in the past and it didn't show INSTANT results.  I would give up because my jeans didn't fit better in a couple of days.  This is the first time I have ever given myself 60 days, or around 8 weeks, to take the chance to notice a difference and feel so much better!



I'm juicing my first sweet potato today, I've never been big into the orange things but hopefully it's a life changing experience ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment