Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 14

It's day 14 and I can honestly say that I cannot wait for this weekend to be over! It has been a hassle juicing while half of my "supplies" were at my house and the other at the house I was sitting.  I picked up some kale and beets along with a ton of other fresh fruits and veggies at the store today.  Beets have sort of been scaring me, I have heard that they give juice an "earthy" taste....but they are filled with antioxidants and figured they were woth a shot!

In other news, I am starting the Couch to 5k program. I am in no way a runner and have had back issues in the past but I think it's time to start up again. It is a simple, easy program to follow and it only takes about 30 minutes, 3 times a week- which is totally doable for me!

I'm starting this because for some reason I thought it would be a fantastic idea to sign up for this: The Warrior Dash.  This is an extreme 5k run filled with obstacles such as barricading over the Great Barrier Wall and leaping over fires. There are about 12 obstacles in all and it looks completely insane.  I was able to talk my brother, sister, and her husband into doing it with me as well! If nothing else it'll be a good motivator to get more cardio and strength training into my life.  There are still a ton of times open for Sunday if you want to get signed up! I'm pretty nervous and have never participated in something like this before, but what do I have to lose?...besides my pride and dignity...

No comments:

Post a Comment