Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 18

Today was the first day of my Preceptorship in Labor and Delivery. WOW! What an amazing, eye opening experience. I'm so happy that I chose such a postive place to learn from in my last semester of nursing school. Spending 12 hours straight for clinicals or my job at the hospital can be difficult to plan for, but I've been juicing about 2-3 jars for the day.  I made a huge pot of homemade chicken noodle soup on Wednesday for the rest of the week, so I have a yummy, healthy lunch AND snacks to look forward to.


These are the two jars I made for tomorrow- one veggie and one fruit! 
Vegetable Jar:
1 Cucumber
Handful of Kale
1 Apple
1 Handful of Asparagus
Juice of 1 Lemon

Juice Jar:
1/2 Orange
1 Handful of Blueberries
1 Handful of Strawberries
1/4 Cantaloupe 

I know it takes some nutrients out when juicing in advance, but there is NO way I am going to get up at 5:00 am to juice. And it's still so much healthier than grabbing a bag of Doritos or Chex Mix. 

P.S- How pretty are those colors? 

No comments:

Post a Comment