Sunday, January 22, 2012

T-1 Day

Today was the last day of "solid" foods for 10 days! It didn't seem like a very long time to go a couple of days ago...but throwing out the last of the bread, eggs, and left over pizza today made this transition seem all too real. I am beginning to find out that the biggest hurdle in this whole thing is myself.  Since deciding to do this challenge only a couple of days ago I have gone from excited, to nervous, to terrified, to excited again. I keep telling myself that it's going to be too hard and that I shouldn't even start because I will never be able to keep this up for the next 60 days.  But then I think about my weight, cholesterol, body fat, and the fact that type II diabetes is way too common in our society.  I know I'm young and have a "normal" body type....but why not start now? I have one body, for one life, and I'm prepared to make the most of it :) 

I made my first grocery trip today and did not step foot out of the produce section! I spent about $60 in all. It seems like alot, but I'm hoping it lasts me all week! It breaks down to about $7.50 a day, and I won't be spending any extra on junk like chex mix, dr pepper, and treats from the dollar menu :) 

These are all of my new "goodies!" For around $60.00 I purchased:
  • Two bags of carrots
  • Tomatoes
  • Spinach
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Blackberries
  • Cantaloupe
  • Cabbage 
  • Pineapple
  • Oranges
  • Apples
  • Cucumbers
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Lemons
  • Celery
  • 24 pack of Diet Green Tea

Well here goes nothing....

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment