Friday, January 20, 2012

Peeling The Pieces

Welcome to my first blog post EVER! This blog is an outlet and journal for me to keep track of my progress throughout the next 60 days. I am currently in my last semester of nursing school in Omaha and I also work part time on nights at the hospital.

I have been fortunate enough to not have to work too hard at maintaining my body and shape since graduating from high school in 2007. Or so I thought.... I recently stepped on the scale and have put on about 15 pounds over the past 4 years. This is only because of 3 things
1) I NEVER work out
2) I eat whatever I want
3)...whenever I want

My gym membership from 24 hour fitness has done me absolutely no good because I think of every gosh darn excuse under the sun not to drive 5 minutes to the gym. These "great excuses" range from
1) class in the morning
2) class at night
3) I just ate (or, I have to eat)
4) not wanting to take a shower after I go to the gym
5) my ipod isn't charged
6) there are no clean sports bras
7) it's freezing outside
8) it's hot outside

Along with these excuses, my schedule is filled to the brim with school and work during the week, which leaves Saturdays and Sundays to work out. Yeaaa, like thats going to happen.
I've decided that nothing about my body is going to change from being a member of 24 hour fitness and driving through Burger King on my way home. This is why I will be dedicating the next 60 days to healthy juicing and eating. I've been doing tons of research on blogs and the internet about "juicing" fruits and vegetables and watched the documentary "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead." It really opened my eyes on why my eating habits are leaving me tired and without any energy. I am basing my "cleanse" on the Reboot Program.

Starting Monday, January 23rd I will be going on a 10-day juice only cleanse. After the 10 days, I will drink juice for two out of my three meals of the day. It will usually be juice for breakfast and lunch, and a healthy dinner. I would love to be able to do a 60-day juice only cleanse, but I do not want to set myself up for failure right from start.
So heres the hard part: starting the program! I would love your help, support, and prayers through this journey. It's not going to be easy completely retraining my brain on when and what to eat, but it's now or never!

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God
1 Corinthians 10:31



No comments:

Post a Comment