Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 2

Day 2 is almost over! I honestly can't believe how great I am feeling.  The only time I truly feel hungry is when its been about 2-3 hours after my last jar of juice.  It is much better on my morale and appetite if I stay on top of the juicing and have some ready when my brain and stomach start yelling at me.
I've been starting off with fruit juice for breakfast in the morning.  It gives me something to look forward to and the sweetness is just what I need to start the day.  My next 3-4 jars are mostly veggies- carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, celery, cucumbers, romaine, etc.
Like I said yesteryday lemons will DEFINITELY continue to be on my grocery list.  I have been putting them in every drink I make, as well as in my water and green tea. 
I add an apple and carrots to most of my juices as well. They yield alot of juice and add to that sweetness factor that my body is craving.
Ending the day with another fruit juice has become a necessity as well.  I have to limit myself to two fruit juices a day because otherwise that's all I would drink, but the veggies are starting to grow on me.  I also have been finding myself craving "unjuiced" broccoli, carrots, celery, and salads.  Which is AWESOME! That is the whole reason I started doing this challenge.  My body and brain have really been in a rut with what I was eating and it's amazing to be craving healthy food only after a couple of days.
Oh, and cheese runzas with ranch dressing, but other than that.... :)
I really wish this is how my cutting board looked when prepping my fruits and veggies....Maybe by day 10?


"The food you eat can be either the safest & most powerful form of medicine OR the slowest form of poison"
      -Anna Wigmore

1 comment:

  1. You are being very strong…. Chips would be my weakness that is why I will not have any in the house for a while. You have inspired me. I have been doing juice in the morning and today I am doing it for lunch too. I will eat a sensible dinner….(hopefully)
    I am incorporating the home made protein bar with lunch, because I do not want to lose too much weight, just get healthier… Like I said yesterday, I have been fighting a cold for a week now. I am hoping this helps.
    This morning I had blueberry, Orange, apple, carrots, and celery.
    For lunch I have blended roman lettuce (didn’t know I could use that. Thanks for sharing that info), carrots, celery and cucumber. I am going to try spinach tomorrow. I forgot I had some in the fridge.
    I love your blog and reading it as I said inspires me…… I will be looking forward to your next post.
    Keep up the GREAT job, but don’t starve yourself…… xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete